02 03 Three Bean Circus: Late Summer/Early Fall Mantel and home tour 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Late Summer/Early Fall Mantel and home tour

34
September has rolled around and it is about to be my favorite time year! Fall is almost here!  It is still pretty hot in Phoenix and I am not ready to break out all the fall and pumpkins, but I was ready for a change.

I am hoping, I can transition this decor through the season and switch items out to have this last through Christmas. I choose to start with these magnolia garlands as the base.  I knew they would last through Christmas and I could just change out the other items. I also started with three brass candle sticks in the middle, but it looked a bit formal so I stuck with my trusty wood horse.  Although I may swap him out for the candlesticks for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We will see!

Here is a full view of the mantel. I really fell in love with deeper reds, purples and cranberry colors this year. I saw these faux hydrangas at Joann Fabric and new they would be perfect.  I stuck the stems between the magnolia leaves. To brighten them up a bit, I also added some dried roses and baby's breath. 



Since it is still summer, but fall is coming soon, I didn't want to go straight into pumpkins. Instead I added the apples with the flowers. A mix of green and red crab-apples. To finish off, I added some antlers . 

 I am very pleased with the result!  I think it would also be lovely as a centerpiece, but with my three kiddos running around it's best on my mantle.


Thank you for checking out my mantel update, I hope you check out the full tour of the room here.


Sources:

Horse - Home Goods
Magnolia Garland and Hydrangea Stems - Joann Fabric & Craft
Antlers - Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market
Olive Bucket - Decor Steals
Apple Basket - Target
Faux Apples - Joann Fabric & Craft and Goodwill 

35 36 37 38