02 03 Three Bean Circus: Kids Table mini make over 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Kids Table mini make over

34
Just getting back into the swing of things after our vacation! Home again, school has started and I am getting back into project mode. I have a LONG list...but decided to knock out an easy one first.  The kids table in the playroom was looking pretty sad so I gave it a mini make over.  It's still in the works since I have to wait for some spray paint to fully dry before I can add the finishing touches to the chairs, but here is what I did:


Before: 


Pretty primary looking, and covered in fabric marker...that I couldn't get off. 

During:

I spray painted the top of the table white with the rustoleum semi gloss. And the legs gold with the Rustoleum Metallic (love this!!)


Then I painted these yellow chairs white.  I made the mistake of cheaping out and getting the other blue can of spray paint.  DON'T DO IT!! I should have spent the extra 3 bucks. It took 2 cans just to get one good coat and now I have to wait a week, to cover it better again with the good paint. Blah!!





After a second coat of white on the top and then allowing an hour to dry, I laid this lace over the table and spray painted it with the gold.  I did this on either side of the table, so it kind of looked like a runner. The lace I used was kind of plastic and heavier than like lace fabric.  I tried to tuck it and tape it but then it started to buckle.  So I kind of had to just fold it slightly and hoped for the best! 



Here is the end result! 

After:






In about a week I can spray paint over the chairs again, I plan on giving them gold tipped feet!  I will post an update when they are finished!

Things that I learned: 
1. Don't cheap out on spray paint!
2. Read the directions, I could wait 48 hours to repaint on one kind but 1 week to repaint on a different brand! Or get the whole thing done within an hour, which wasn't going to happen. 

Hope you enjoyed! 

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38